PlateJoy + Vint: Fuel Up and Work Out!
We're serving up high-intensity workouts and healthy recipes with Vint this week! Enter by Friday to win a month of personal training and $100 on PlateJoy.
Fuel up: Baked salmon with strawberry salsa (serves 2)
Celebrate strawberry season with this simple weeknight dinner that comes together in 20 minutes.
12 oz Atlantic salmon fillet
4 oz brown rice
2 cups strawberries
½ cup cherry tomatoes
4 green onions
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Hull strawberries. Quarter strawberries and cherry tomatoes. Thinly slice green onion. Add all three to a large bowl with balsamic, olive oil, honey, half the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and add salmon, drizzled with remaining lemon juice and seasoned with salt and pepper. Bake 12 min until salmon flakes with fork, more if fillet is thick.
- Top salmon with salsa and serve with rice.
Work out: Full-body circuit
Burn fat without the gym, with these sets you can do in the park, sans equipment.
Bodyweight lunges (20 each leg)
Split squats on bench (15 each leg)
Jump squats (10 reps)
Step-ups on bench (10 each leg)
Wide-stance side shuffles (30 secs)
High knees (30 secs)
Jump switch lunges (12 each leg)
Princess lunges on flat ground (20 each leg)
Butt kicks (30 secs)
Bodyweight goblet squats (20 reps)
Side-to-side squats (15 each side)
Jump rope (just go through motion, no rope required) (30 secs)
Squat jumps (10)
Want to fuel up your workout? Enter to win a month of unlimited personal training and $100 of healthy meals!